Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Resolution!!

1st of January is the time for "Resolutions"
I really hate them because 
I never manage to keep them!

This year is going to be different,
I am going to start training Toffee properly.
No more lazing around in the sand pit!
Or beating up her long suffering brother!
She is well and truly over her
little "operation".
In other words,I have run out of excuses!

Oh dear! I have just read an article that I did for Petstock .
When Middi was six months old he had been on the train.
Attended at least one council meeting and slept beside me.
Knew to sit quietly by me when I stopped to speak to people in the street.
Started learning not to greet people without permission.
Was playing "touch" with all the things he would have to pick up when older.
As well as the basic obedience commands.
What a lot Middi had done, I had better get a move on.
At least I have the walking under control now,
Toff stops at the curb and usually 
will sit without me reminding her.
I no longer have to remind her to keep away from the wheels 
and walk straight, it means that I can have at least one eye on the road.
The biggest problem at present is her timidity.
She is very shy and widdles when ever she is nervous,or excited.
The vet says she will grow out of it, I certainly hope so!!!
You would think someone with a face like this, 
would not be afraid of anything.

I had thought training a second Poodle would be easy, 
I had forgotten, that like children,
they are all different!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your thoughts?