Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another experience!


Remember Chris suggested we should go to dog school?
I think it is time for an update on our progress.
Before we started It was agreed,
that Middi and I would stay in the beginners group with the least trained dogs,
he and I are learning  how to get on with all sorts of dogs.
We do all the exercises the others do,
but we use our own words and signals.
I cannot believe the change in  Middi and I!
in the few weeks we have been going,
he has calmed right down 
and I am confident that I can manage him.
Here are a couple of pictures showing
"going through a gate"

Compared with the narrow doors we have to squeeze through this is a breeze!!!
Agility is one of the exercises we do each week,
because of his wonky legs Middi can only do part of the course.
He can step sedately over the jumps,
climb carefully along the dog walk,
and sit beautifully on the platform.

Here are the photos to prove it!!
 Sometimes I don't judge distances very well,
look where Middi's tail is!!!!

Now I am really glad Chris encouraged me to go,
Middi and I have such a good time that last Sunday morning 
we got up really  early and attended two different classes.

The people at the school are very supportive of what I am trying to achieve with Middi and the trainers ask me lots of questions about our training.
This week we were asked to visit a different group,
so the dogs could get used to a big wheelchair
and a "working dog".
Dogs are often afraid of this big silent chair.

I am really enjoying the challenges of dog school.

2 comments:

  1. Both of you seemed really comfortable today didn't realize you were nervous goodnon you

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you guys have done amazing things...I would say inspiring but i'm not allowed!XXX

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your thoughts?