Monday, February 27, 2012

A walk in the park.

The weather in Melbourne has been terrible,
yesterday it was soooo hot.

Today it is bucketing down and incredibly humid.
The dogs were going stir crazy,
so I decided to take them for a walk.
Much easier said than done!

Putting on their halters is easy, but harnesses are beyond me.
Middi stands like a rock, with his head down and a look in his face that says  "are you ever going to learn!"
Toffee has a velcro girth strap, 
should be easy to put on,
 but she is not tall enough for me to reach.

Eventually we get going:
 Middi plodding along on the outside
and Toffee skipping happily next to the chair.
The first corner is the worst, 
I want to go to the right and Middi wants left, 
Toff doesn't care,
 as long as she is with her brother everything is fine.

At last we are off to the park!
The rule is Toffee must sit at each corner,
Middi is my working boy and does not sit at corners any more,
 he stands, so we can move quickly.

Today Middi had to sit like Toffee.
The indignity of it!
Yes, he sat, 
but you would have thought he was an oldie
taking his final walk to the vet.  :-(

some mums are so mean!

See we did make it
and as you can see we were all happy.

I think we will have to do more tandem walking,
Middi is so sad when I leave him home,
and I miss his presence by my side.

3 comments:

  1. Middi really has grown up and become a responsible boy in a kind of goofy way ! You all look so happy out walking together ... It really is the simple pleasures in life that make the difference .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The park is typically worth the price paid to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne. Great pic- and you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your thoughts?