Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CARS!!!!!

This could have been  your last view of Middi and me!

Last Saturday I got hit by a car, 
Middi and I are very lucky to be still complaining about Melbourne's rotten weather [35deg. today]

We walked down to the farmers market,
bought a few things, and started to amble home.

I am always very careful in the weekends,
drivers seem to leave their brains in bed.

We were walking slowly past a group of fancy town houses,
when suddenly, a large black car reverses very quickly out of the drive, bang, into me!
The worst part was, the driver did not stop when she hit me
my 250kg. chair was pushed sideways.

When she eventually heard me yelling and thumping her car
she stopped, looked at me, and said "I didn't see you" 
wound up her window and disapeared back into the units somewhere.
I was very shaken up, all I could think of was  --
It could have been a  child!
If you drive so badly that you cant see a 
great big power chair with flowers,
what chance of seeing a child.

As we shakily walked home I realised how lucky it was that Middi walks on my right,
if he had been on my left he would have been crushed!

Please remember when driving,
  watch where you are going!

3 comments:

  1. "I didn't see you"

    Not, "are you all right?" or "Should I call somebody?" But, "I didn't see you" and then drive away. Drivers can be really really scary :( I'm glad you're both all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen,
    what angered me was the lack of interest in my welfare. Also I am very obvious, my chair is big and blue with flowers sticking up to catch the drivers eyes. I really was more upset about what could have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, just found you while i was nosing thru jen and elkas blog site. the person that ran into you is unbeleivable. i had a woman pull her car out infront of my bike last year so i ended up spread out on her bonnet, i was so not amused and she said exactly the same thing as was said to you. she did reverse off my bike and stick around while my husband came round to fetch me and my poor squished bike tho. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your thoughts?