Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I cant resist.


Today was one of those balmy days we get in Melbourne, 
after a few days of extreme heat.

Helen and I went to Glenhuntly, 2.2k's from home.
I walked and the kids rode in the car,
what a life!
Middi loves cars, he would always ride if he got the chance.
After the big "ride" he was tired, as you are when your mum expects you to walk half a kilometer.
Toffee of course, was full of beans and could not wait to go to the big dogs park with Chris.
They practiced running free [on the long line] and coming back for a treat when called, a great game,
but a very important skill to be learned.
Looks easy when Chris does it.
When I try it is hilarious,
imagine 15 meters of clothes line, an excited puppy 
and a six wheeled wheel chair.
It takes about 2 minutes for me to get completely tangled
and 20 to get me untangled!!!
When Toffee arrived home,
Middi checked her over to make sure she was still in one piece,
then they went to sleep!

If you look carefully you can see they are sleeping around the end of my bed.
They stayed like this, sound asleep, for more than an hour, .
They love each other, there is no jealousy, food can be shared
and even though they can play very heartily,
the next minute they will be curled up asleep in the one crate, 
with those great long legs tangled round each other.

They bring me so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your thoughts?