Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In my garden

I think Melbourne is a wonderful city to live in.

People poke fun of it, because we have "interesting" weather.
I love it!
Yesterday was hot and humid, 
in fact the last few days have been hot and sticky.
Today is beautiful, 24deg. with a slight breeze.
That is why I love it, 
you know the heat will finish in a few days.
Anyway, I went to dream in the back garden for a while, 
something I try and do if I am feeling stressed, or tired.
My garden will never be neat and tidy,
it rambles around all over the place.
Sometimes people make comments about its lack of order,
but I don't care, it suits me!

I have a passion for vines and things that wander around the garden.
Here I am growing the most flavoursome mint I have ever tasted,
and the sweet potato vine from last year.
No idea if it is making any potatoes, but it is getting very adventurous, even checking out Toffee's digging patch!!!


I am sitting in the shade of "Benji's tree,
a huge elm of some sort. 
So many of the plants are memorials for my animals, 
perhaps that is why I love to sit here on my own.
My garden abounds with the ghosts of ducks and chickens,
piggies, lizards, rabbits, tortoises, cats,
and of course my precious dogs.
Most of the dogs are remembered with trees,
but now I have beautiful Mandivilia shrubs ,

A white one for my gentle "Lucky", 
it has a delicate pink center that gradually changes to gold.

The newest flower is bright red.
with very shinny dark green leaves.
It is a strong determined plant, 
yet the flowers are delicate.
It is my Nacho plant.

Thinking about her still brings tears to my eyes.
One day she too, will settle into my heart,
and only leave happy memories.

I hope the ghosts in my garden are all content!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your thoughts?